Papers -- Constraint Solvers
- Michael Sannella, "The SkyBlue
Constraint Solver", UW tech report 92-07-02.
- Michael Sannella, John Maloney, Bjorn Freeman-Benson, and Alan
Borning, "Multi-way versus One-way
Constraints in User Interfaces: Experience with the DeltaBlue
Algorithm", Software--Practice and Experience, Vol. 23 No. 5, (May
1993), pages 529-566.
- Michael Sannella, "The Skyblue
Constraint Solver and Its Applications", Vijay Saraswat
and Pascal van Hentenryck, editors, Proceedings of the 1993 Workshop on
Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, MIT Press, 1995, pages
- Problem with SkyBlue and Cycles.
- Alan Borning and Bjorn N. Freeman-Benson,
"The OTI Constraint Solver: A Constraint
Library for Constructing Interactive Graphical User Interfaces",
Proceedings of the First International Conference on
Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, September 1995,
- Alan Borning, Richard Anderson, and Bjorn Freeman-Benson, "Indigo: A Local Propagation Algorithm for
Inequality Constraints", Proceedings of the 1996 ACM Symposium on
User Interface Software and Technology, pages 129-136. A companion technical report contains additional material
(proofs of theorems and definitions of interval operations).
- Alan Borning, Kim Marriott, Peter Stuckey, and Yi Xiao,
"Solving Linear Arithmetic Constraints for User
Interface Applications", Proceedings of the 1997 ACM Symposium on
User Interface Software and Technology, October 1997, pages 87-96. A
companion technical report
contains additional information on the algorithms.
- Warwick Harvey, Peter Stuckey, and Alan Borning,
"Fourier Elimination for Compiling Constraint Hierarchies,"
Constraints--An International Journal, Vol. 7 No. 2, April 2002,
An earlier and shorter version of this paper is:
Warwick Harvey, Peter Stuckey, and Alan Borning, "Compiling Constraint Solving using Projection", October
1997. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on the
Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, pages 491-505. A
report, Computer Science Department, Melbourne University, number 97/6,
contains additional material.
- Alan Borning and Bjorn Freeman-Benson, "Ultraviolet: A Constraint Satisfaction
Algorithm for Interactive Graphics", CONSTRAINTS: An International
Journal, Special Issue on Constraints, Graphics, and Visualization,
Vol. 3 No. 1, April 1998, pages 9-32.
- Greg J. Badros and Alan Borning, "The
Cassowary Linear Arithmetic Constraint Solving Algorithm: Interface and
Implementation", UW tech report 98-06-04.
- Kim Marriott, Peter Moulder, Peter J. Stuckey, and Alan Borning,
"Solving Disjunctive Constraints for Interactive Graphical Applications,"
Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming -- CP
- Greg J. Badros, Alan Borning, and Peter J. Stuckey, "The Cassowary
Linear Arithmetic Constraint Solving Algorithm," ACM Transactions on
Computer Human Interaction, Vol. 8 No. 4, December 2001, pages